Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sneak peek: Sandwiches

I have a huge post about my favorite comfort food, sandwiches, planned for tomorrow morning. I just wanted to give you a sneak peek by posting my favorite version of a ham and cheese sandwich.

The stuff

Bread - 2 slices
Butter - To spread
Dijon Mustard - To spread
Ham, sliced thin - 2 slices
Swiss cheese - 2 slices
Pineapple, circular shaped slice - 1 slice

The procedure

1. Spread butter on both sides of the bread and slightly toast them in a frying pan.
2. Spread mustard on one side of the toasted bread. Don't overdo it. We just need a slight hint of the mustard.
3. Layer up the cheese, ham and the slice of pineapple, in that order. You don't want the cheese on the pineapple.
4. Place the sandwich on the same frying pan, if it's still hot, to melt the cheese.

That's it. Your ham and cheese sandwich plus pineapple is ready! I know it's a bit out there to add pineapples to this concotion, but trust me, it's good. I've made this a million times and get rave reviews each time.

Happy hogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment